Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Whispers

This is one of the first poems I wrote, and yes, it is depressing, but it spoke to me at the time. My penpal, and to a lesser extent myself, were going through some rough times and this helped me get it all out.

Whispers

The silver blade whispers to me
As I hold it in my hand
‘Just one little cut’ it says
‘Now just a little more’

I look at my arm
What have I done?
The blood runs so freely
But why do I feel so numb?

I know I cannot tell you
You wouldn’t understand
How the blade whispers to me
As I hold it in my hand

Its hold on me gets stronger
As the days go by
I want to stop, I really do
But I give up with a sigh

I look over my life
These past two years
‘Why would anybody want me?’
As I give in to tears

‘Just one more cut’ the blade it says
As I hold it to my wrist
I know just what to do now
I end it with a twist

The silver blade whispers to me
Falling out of my lifeless hand
One more life is ended
Why, I don’t understand.

1 comment:

  1. A little dark, but great writing. Your creative talent makes great reading, and you touch me deep inside with your words.

    ReplyDelete